Saturday, December 19, 2009

A food bloggers dilema

Ok. Here is my problem and I need some advice.
I baked this cake for a work party tonight.


I am really trying to control my urge to cut out just a "tiny" slice for a photo shoot. My coworkers know I blog but would it be weird to show up with a missing slice? What if I replace the slice??
It's a chocolate peppermint cake with pink peppermint filling. I don't know aboout you, but, I feel a liitle sad when I see a photo of a gorgouse cake but no slice shot. I want to see the crumb, the filling, and each layer in all it's cakey glory!
AHHHHHHH!

What is a food blogger to do! HELP!
Update -2:20 pm Miss Sweets gives in to Peer pressure  and the  "good" advice of other food bloggers and makes the cut! Reasoning no one wants to be the first one at a party to cut up such a pretty cake. I'm just taking the first cut pressure off! I will also be using Moogie"s advice. " huh. that's strange. what do you mean there is a slice missing?"  Here's hoping none of them actually read my blog!
For you my friends...

The Slice!


7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

If your co-workers REALLY understand, they'll be fine with it - just explain to them the situation. If not, then more cake for you, haha ;)

RACHEL...aka NOLIA said...

I agree with VeggieGirl...if they know you blog then they'll completely understand. Plus it just gives them a sneak peek to how yummy it is!

Moogie said...

I would slice into that baby in a heart beat. Snap your picture and then woof down the evidence. After that act innocent, blame it on someone else, the dog, the kids, the hubby, or the mailman.

The cake is absolutely gorgeous. If you do slice, post a picture, please.

Future Grown-Up said...

Slice away I say. Is there any way you could slice the rest of it up, artfully arrange it on a platter and make it look like it was intended to be served that way?

Katie said...

Hehe I think you made the right choice - the slice of cake looks gorgeous. So dark and fudgey.

bella said...

I'm so glad you podted the slice of cake! Will you post the recipe too? Roz

symphonious sweets said...

Thank you for all your advice! I will get the recipe posted once I come down from the holiday sugar high!