Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cake Slice Bakers: White Chocolate Cake




I was feeling a little rebellious when I read this months cake slice recipe for white chocolate cake with a cream cheese and white chocolate frosting. The recipe just seemed kind of bland... I did not want to skip this months bake along so I started fudging the recipe, just a little- at first. I decided to add some freshly made cranberry and orange jam as a filling. Then before I knew it the whole concept just snowballed and I went from something slightly altered to a completely rogue cake.
Please forgive me fellow cake slice bakers! I just can not help but tinker with recipes... maybe I need professional help. Maybe tea with Nancie McDermott, author of our groups current selection, would reel me back in. Maybe you guys will see my version of Novembers cake and accept it for what it is? 
A White chocolate whisper cake with a cranberry and orange jam filling frosted with a white chocolate Swiss Meringue Butter Cream.

I will just let the pictures plead my case!

To see how the other Cake Slice Bakers decorated their White Chocolate cakes go here.

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Stunning!

Future Grown-Up said...

Rogue Cake..I love that and can forgive anything for something that makes me laugh. Yours looks gorgeous.

Alicia (The Red Deer) said...

Love it - you are such a rebel ;)

Moogie said...

OMG.... you did an absolutely wonderful job on that cake.

Katie said...

Wow your cake is completely acceptable - its fantastic! I love the sound of the cranberry and orange jam, plus its in keeping with the winter theme! Can't belive how lovely and fluffy your layers look too. Happy Christmas!

Talita said...

Wow!!! This is decadent!!! How yummy this cake looks!! Love white chocolate.

Well, if I could I eat brigadeiro every single day! It's really yummy! Try them, you won't regret it.

steph- whisk/spoon said...

boy, that looks good to me!! happy holidays!!

bella said...

Your cake looks awesome and I love your rendition of adding the stunning re cranberries! Roz

The Bahens said...

I think you dressed it up nicely for the holidays! It looks like it was delicious. Maybe someday I'll get around to making the right cake, but I'm pretty happy with my rebellion too!

Caroline said...

Love your rogue cake and it looks so festive!