Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lemon curd from the Microwave!


It seems like I just don't have as much time to bake since spring rolled in. With that in mind I have been perusing the blogosphere for the quickest and tastiest recipes I can find. 

I found  one for lemon curd made in the microwave awhile back when I became the owner of a 5 pound bag of lemons. It just sounded WAY too simple so of course I chose to make a couple more complicated (but delicious) versions of lemon curd. 

This weekend I was noticing I have an abundance of lemons AGAIN and needed to do something fast! So what the hey... how about some microwave lemon curd? 130 reviewers cant be wrong. Well friends I am impressed! This is soooo simple! The taste is bright and lemony, the consistency is curd like, and the color is well you can see that for yourself! I did strain the curd after its final run in the microwave to remove any eggy bits and the zest (for smooth luxurious curd). It does seem a tad bit gritty so it may need some tweaking to really smooth it out. 

1 comment:

Mermaid Sweets said...

Thank you thank you thank you. My dad loves lemon curd alot, and this will save me lots of time.