Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Alix! Or...


... an excellent excuse to bake a cake!!! I swear I could easily bake a few cakes a week.. hey, I have a lot of flour to use up! LOL . The ease with which this cake came together makes me want to throw another one together.. just to check the results... for consistency's sake... yeah,, um.

So this lovely little chocolate cake is AMAZING! It is the one and only Chocolate Domingo from The Cake Bible. This is the first recipe I have tried from this cookbook and now I cant put Rose's book down! The chemistry of cake is intriguing to me. And my cake turned out exactly as described! It is dense with chocolate flavor yet the texture is so amazingly light it just melts in your mouth. For a single layer no frills cake I just cant get over how impressed I am. I think this may be cake love!
I will definitely make this cake again...



In fact it would be fabulous for breakfast with coffee....

1 comment:

Sophie said...

What a fun cake :), this is as personalized as it gets!